Grouping – Group Reunion - Total Security
The Group Reunion is a nucleus of fellow Christians that encourage each other weekly
to go into the world to Christianize their environments. It is a group of people that are
willing to share their joys and sorrows, laughter and tears with each other until they
have seen the earthly journey through. In the Eucharistic prayer, we ask God to Send
us out into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve Him
with gladness and singleness of heart. A group reunion encourages us to meet that
commitment we make after each celebration of the Eucharist.
THE ORDER OF REUNION
The Cursillo Movement has a well thought out plan. The plan centers around the
Group Reunion. The plan for weekly grouping enables the group to keep on track.
It is very easy as a group grows to get side tracked with chit chat over family,
church or community matters that really don’t have a lot to do with a person's
Apostolic walk. Each grouping session must begin with prayer.
Then each person in the group share about their:
- Piety – How did you nourish your vital union with Christ?
- Study – What did you do to come to better know Jesus Christ and His Mystical Body?
- Apostolic Success/Failure – These should be times when you have taken the
opportunity to make a friend, be a friend or bring a friend to Christ.
The success/failure is not in the person coming to know Christ, but in your attempt
to let someone else know how Christ is working in your life.
- Apostolic Plan – This area is concerned with how we are going to make our family or work environment more fully Christian. Your apostolic plan could be as simple as saying grace at dinner every night (whether at home or at a restaurant), wearing a Christian symbol on your collar, or putting a Bible verse on your screen saver. You more than likely heard many suggestion of how to Christianize your environments (family, work, community) on the Cursillo weekend. Pick one that works for you and make a plan to implement it. Don’t forget to share your plan with your group.
- Group Activity – This is a get together of your group reunion whether social
or apostolic. These activities will help develop a deeper friendship.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Grouping helps to hold you accountable for your Christian walk.
It is very easy to say, "I’m going to church on Sunday" and then decide
Sunday morning that maybe the lawn needs to be mowed or the laundry done. If you
know you are going to have to tell your group on Monday that you didn’t make it to
church on Sunday, you may decide that the lawn/laundry can wait.
- Each grouping session should end as it was begun, in Prayer!